Auto Insurance Tips to Keep in Mind
- Have an idea of what type of coverage you want on your vehicle.
- Keep in mind that the type of vehicle that you plan on covering will affect your rate. Your rates will be higher if you are covering a newer luxury vehicle.
- Rates can vary a lot by the company, so be sure to shop around.
- Ask your agent if there are any discounts that you are eligible for to save yourself some money.
- Be sure not to fall behind on payments. If you let your coverage lapse, your rates are likely to be higher after.
Terms to Know
- Liability Coverage – This will cover damages and injury to the other party in the event of a collision but nothing of your own. This is also the minimum amount of coverage that you need to have on your vehicle.
- Collision Coverage – This will cover the damages made to your vehicle no matter who was at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage – With comprehension coverage, your vehicle is covered from damage that is not from a collision with another vehicle. Some examples include fire damage, animal damage or falling objects.
- Full Coverage – This term may vary by insurance company, but typically it will include liability, Collison, comprehensive and some type of medical coverage.
- Deductible – The amount of money that you will pay out of pocket for any type of damage before your coverage kicks in.
- Gap Insurance – This will pay for the amount of money between what the vehicle is worth and what you still owe on the vehicle if it were to get totaled.
- Declarations Page – A summary of the coverage that you currently have.
We hope that you found this blog about auto insurance helpful. If you are preparing to purchase your next vehicle, consider stopping by Charlie Clark Nissan! We offer a wide selection of new and used Nissan vehicles. Stop by the dealership for a test drive today or contact us with any questions!