Bad Driving Habits to Avoid
- Not applying the parking brake when you are parked. Parking brakes are helpful not only when your vehicle is parked on an incline but also on flat ground. Using the parking brake puts less stress on the parking pawl that is in the transmission.
- Hauling around unnecessary weight. Many people do not realize that they are carrying around unnecessary items in their vehicle. Having extra weight in the vehicle adds stress on the brakes, suspension and drivetrain components.
- Only keeping a small amount of fuel in your car regularly. Although sometimes you do not want to fill up your vehicle with gas, it could save you money in the long run. Your vehicle’s fuel pump has a better chance of overheating when it is not submerged.
- Shifting between drive and reverse before your vehicle is completely stopped. This is a common habit for people when they are in a hurry or when they are backing out of a parking space, but by doing so they are putting strain on the drivetrain.
- Not paying attention when your vehicle makes an unfamiliar noise. If a dashboard light comes on or you notice something unusual going on with your vehicle, be sure to take it to a mechanic.
Charlie Clark Nissan in Harlingen offers a wide selection of Nissan vehicles. If you are in the market for your next vehicle be sure to keep us in mind. Stop by the dealership today to view our new and pre-owned inventory or contact us with any questions and a member of our team will be happy to help!